Today is the first official day of autumn! Fall is particularly splendid here in Northeastern Ohio. In fact, did you know that National Geographic just named Holmes County, Ohio as the third most beautiful place to view fall foliage? In honor of this special time of year, I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite fall actives. Enjoy!
- Get out your crock pot and make something festive.
- Wear flannel.
- Go for a weekend drive through the country to look at the changing scenery. Bonus if you can find a road-side stand to stop at for local apples, pumpkins or flowers!
- Make something pumpkin-y. I made this recipe for Copy Cat Starbuck’s Pumpkin Scones, and they were wonderful!
5. Try a new soup recipe, like this one. (I made this last week. Delicious.)
6. Make a festive treat and deliver to friends/family. This is an annual fall tradition for me and the kids. You can read more about how I make a treat, dress up the kids in costumes, and deliver treats, here. (This doesn’t have to be fancy. You can even make the slice and bake cookies and throw them in a festive bag from your local craft store. It’s the thought that counts!)
7. If you have kids, check-out a fall themed book from the library. Or, rent a fall themed movie for you and your spouse or group of friends.
9. Get your friends together for a soup and salad dinner. Want to make it a competition? Have someone judge whose soup is the best and have prizes for the most tasty, most creative, etc.