I can’t believe it but we are already three days into December! Normally I would have liked to post our 25 Days of Christmas Activity List on the first day of December, but you know, baby stuff takes first priority because, well, she’s adorable. But before we get too far into December, I wanted to share with you my list of fun, family friendly activities to keep some pep in your step all month long.
Most of the items on this list are either traditions or fun things we know we like to do. I’m looking forward to including Oliver in this year’s activities now that he is old enough to share in the fun. I have such fun memories from the actives we did last year. My favorite thing about this list is how it helps makes Christmas an interactive experience all month long.
So take a look, try a few of these activities, and enjoy! And by all means, share your fun ideas in the comments below!
25 days of Christmas
~advent calendar each day
- Go see Christmas lights
- Visit Santa
- Bake Christmas cookies
- Surprise someone with a Christmas treat
- Make an ornament that reminds you of something special from the past year
- Attend a holiday play, concert, or live nativity
- Make a “give” list for the year. This is a list of people and organizations you want to bless throughout the year. Write down specific ideas.
- Phone or send a card to someone you haven’t talked to lately
- Do something nice for someone without them knowing it was you
- Listen to Handel’s Messiah
- Ask someone to tell you about a past Christmas
- Be the first to say “hello” to everyone you meet today, and say it with a smile!
- Sing Christmas carols
- Make a Christmas craft with a child
- Spend a whole day of reflecting on all you are thankful for
- Make popcorn and smoothies and watch Frosty the Snowman
- Have dinner in front of a fireplace (or with candles) and listen to the Nutcracker
- Bundle up and visit a park for a winter hike
- Host a holiday party
- Read aloud a Christmas story
- Make homemade gift-wrap for your presents
- Make hot coco and/or hot toddies
- Invite a few friends over for appetizers and to watch a Christmas movie
- CHRISTMAS EVE: church service with the family, then order Chinese food. Eat in front of the fireplace in our jammies.
- CHRISTMAS MORNING: presents, brunch