1. His Girl Friday is now on Netflix (the movie, not my blog, but that would be cool too.) It’s such a good movie. Quick wit, fast paced dialogue, and uhh, Cary Grant. Cue cat calling noises.
2. I’ve made a very important discovery, and I’m not sure who to tell this vital information to, so I’ll start here: Paul Giamatti needs to do books on tape. Maybe poetry? His voice! I would fall asleep to that every night. It’s like water trinkling over small, smooth rocks in an enchanted forest’s stream. If you have any suggestions on who I should send this idea on to, please advise.
3. As you may know, our sons share a bedroom. Bedtime with Theo and Oliver has been particularly brutal with them lately. Jim Gaffigan has a sketch that both makes me laugh and reminds me that my kids aren’t the only ones acting like totally deranged animals every evening:
“Bedtime makes you realize how completely incapable you are of being in charge of another human being. My children act like they’ve never been to sleep before. ‘Bed? What’s that? No, I’m not doing that.’ They never want to go to bed. This is another thing that I will never have in common with my children. Every morning when I wake up, my first thought is, ‘When can I come back here?’ It’s the carrot that keeps me motivated. Sometimes going to bed feels like the highlight of my day. Ironically, to my children, bedtime is a punishment that violates their basic rights as human beings. Once the lights are out, you can expect at least an hour of inmates clanging their tin cups on the cell bars.”
4. This article title made me laugh. Like, really hard:
5. So I’ve been watching a lot of Gilmore Girls lately (I know, I know…). It’s bad when your friend gives you a book reference and you know exactly which episode she is watching. #sorrynotsorry Anyways, I love the music on that show, amongst
other things everything else. I love-love-love this article all about the GG soundtrack, and it includes a Shin’s video!
Happy Friday, you beautiful, rule breaking moths! (Check out this artist’s awesome illustrations of Leslie Knope’s compliments. They will make. your. weekend.)