1. “When I hear people talk about juggling, or the sacrifices they make for their children, I look at them like they’re crazy, because ‘sacrifice’ infers that there was something better to do than being with your children. And I’ve never been with my kids and gone, ‘Man, I wish I was on my stage right now.’ I’ve never been with my kids and gone, ‘Man, it’d be so great if I was on a movie set right now.’ But I’ve been doing a movie and wished that I was with my kids, I’ve been on tour and wished that I was with my kids. Being with my kids is the best, most fun thing. It’s a privilege. It’s not something I call a sacrifice.” Chris Rock
2. I have this thing for Mexican Falsa blankets. I may or may not have tried to purchase them mid road trip with my husband…from a gas station…with money that was most definitely set aside for food. Mike put a big kabosh on that one, but some day, SOME DAY, I will own one. And how cute is this one. It’s pink!
3. I’ve got the itch to get out of Dodge, and I’ve got it bad. I’ve got friends spread out over the US and I’m dying to just take one, gigantic road trip to go see them all. I came across this list of the 5 best US road trips and thought it was pretty interesting. What about you? Do you have any road trip recommendations?
4. The other day, Oliver woke me up crying hysterically. He kept sobbing ,”Leg, T-ODore (Theodore). Leg, T-ODore.” I am very out of it when I first wake up, so none of this made any sense and I was kind of annoyed by the manner in which I was awoken. I went to pull Oliver close to me to try to get him to lay down and stop crying, when I felt all these hard objects in his jammy bottoms (he was wearing footie pj’s.) I then gathered that he was upset because Theo had put something down his jammies. So I unzipped him, and pulled out A DOZEN PUZZLE PIECES. I was instantly rolling with laughter. I mean seriously, you can’t make this stuff up.
5. And this, because it makes me smile:
Happy Friday, all you glorious glow worms out there!