1) I’ve really been enjoying the meal plan I made for this week. So far, everything I’ve made has been delicious! Most of my recipes are from the Minimalist Baker’s blog. It’s been fun to try new recipes and get out of my cooking rut.
2) This weekend we are kicking off some birthday celebrations for out oldest son. I can’t wait to surprise him with a few things that we have up our sleeves. I can’t wait to bake him a cake and sing to him. He is just a gift. I hope I can find ways over our life together to express to him just how honored I am to be his momma.
3) The sun came out today and I almost believe summer is coming. Almost.
4) One of my favorite evening treats is a nice glass of sparking water. I’ve recently tried Dry’s line of waters and have really enjoyed them. So far my favorite has been the juniper berry, but the other night I opened the blood orange, added a few sliced strawberries, and wowzers, was that good! Anyone else like sparking water? I’d love to hear of other good brands out there!
5) We took Theo to an ENT consultation this week and the verdict is in: he needs to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. I am sad to see my little boy have to go through surgery, but I’m incredibly thankful for a doctor we trust and a procedure that should help him sleep better, feel more rested, and improve his overall quality of life. I would SO appreciate anyone’s helpful tips or tricks for helping your child get through surgery and recovery.
Happy Fry-day, readers! (This IG post made me literally laugh out loud :-).)