1. My husband is home on summer break (he is a teacher). Instead of getting a part time job for the summer like he has in the past, though, he is striking out on his own. He created his own business, Basic Elements By Mike, back when Beatrice was born in November, and is taking this summer to give it 100% of his attention to see where it goes. It’s been fun having him work from home, and I’m so excited to see where this new venture takes him. He is truly a talented craftsmen, a creative designer, and all around one of the most talented people I’ve ever met.
2. Oh, you know me. I just love multi-tasking with my food; a little for my body, a little for my face! Seriously though, I once talked to someone who said she wouldn’t put anything on her body that she wouldn’t put in it. The point being that she wanted to be as diligent about keeping her skincare products free of synthetic, harmful ingredients as she was with her food. It makes sense to me. I love the idea of incorporating the items in my cupboard into my beauty routine! It’s simple, good for my body, and inexpensive. I enjoyed reading this article about 8 Ways You can Use Coconut Oil on your body. I’m going to give the hair treatment a try. I will not be using it as a face highlighter, however. Momma has enough shine as it is, thank you very much.
3. This video of “How To Travel With A Large Family” made me laugh. Love those high waisted shorts, lol. Well, at least on the ladies. No so much on dad…
4. Are you guys loving the off-the-shoulder trend for summer 2016? I saw an adorable top from Gap the other day that was paired with a comfy looking pair of distressed boyfriend jeans. The outfit just made me want to curl up on a hammock with an iced coffee and a book, next to some water, of course. I Spy DIY put together a great list of off-the-shoulder dresses. Check them out!
5. My sister in law gave Bea an adorable little bumble bee swim suit and I’m just over here dying to put her cute little tushie in it and go swimming. It’s been hot here in Ohio this past week, so I’m thinking maybe it’s time to take a trip to the local pool. I love being in the water. My boys love being in the water. And Bea, of course, it my little water baby. Ahh. Summer, summer, summer tiiiiiime!
Happy Friday, all you little hot tamales. See ya Monday.