1. I love traveling. My family and I don’t have a big vacation planned, but we do have a few short get-aways scheduled that we are all looking forward to. I’m usually fairly decent about not over-packing in the clothing department, but man oh man, I tend to take way to many accessories. I have a jewelry bag that I put everything in, but things still get pretty tangled up. I saw this clever trick for keeping your necklaces tangle free while you travel.
Now if anyone has any helpful ways to pack my ridiculous hat collection that I take everywhere, that’d be great…
2. Who has a good book recommendation? I just finished But Enough About Me, a funny and interesting nonfiction novel about Jancee Dunn’s experience as a writer for Rolling Stone.
3. This week, Mike and I ate Korean food for the first time. It was a really fun experience. I’ll post more about that next week!
4. We ran out of both coffee and pull-ups on the same night. There are few things more terrifying then going to bed with the certainty that you will wake up the next day with a pee-soaked toddler bed and an empty coffee mug.
5. In honor of this weekend being Fathers’ Day, I thought I would leave you with something that is as essentially my dad as old cars and coffee – cheesy jokes.
“Whenever the cashier at the grocery store asks my dad if he would like the milk in a bag he replies, ‘No, just leave it in the carton!’”
“A ham sandwich walks into a bar and orders a beer. Bartender says, ‘Sorry we don’t serve food here.’”
(Not going to lie, these seriously made me laugh.)
Happy Friday, chickadees! And HAPPY FATHERS’ DAY, all you Dads!