1. It’s Friday, and it feels like Friday. This week flew by yet carried the weight of a full week. The boys have been a handful and Bea has been fussy. But today, is Friday. We have fun plans for the weekend and I’m hoping it will be the refreshment we all need.
2. With this post nudging me to keep things simple and this post inspiring my wardrobe, I’m *attempting* to pack a small number of interchangeable items for our getaway. Stay tuned. If successful, I’ll share my minimal packing list with you. If unsuccessful, then, I guess it’s back to the drawing board.
3. I made this recipe for Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Wraps this week for my guys and they loved them. Theo even asked me for seconds. He asked me. This does not happen. Ever. You better believe I’ll be adding this recipe into my normal rotation!
4. Some of you have asked about the Oatmeal Quinoa Power Bowl that I posted on Instagram a week or two ago. I used this recipe. I love-love-love the combination of steel cut oats and quinoa. It’s not mushy the way some oatmeal can feel and the protein packs quite a punch – it leaves me feeling full for hours. I top mine with fresh berries, nuts, roasted pumpkin seeds, coconut, and maple syrup. It’s delicious and you should definitely give it a try! Note that this recipe does take about 20-30 minutes to cook, so not great if you are pressed for time, and it serves about 4 (unless you’re me, then it serves 2).
5. We’ve started giving Theodore (age 5) daily chores. He is at that age where he is still excited to help so we try to not let on that we think it’s a big deal that he is making his bed and picking up his clothes. Parental excitement is a big red light to kids that they should stop whatever is causing such excitement and say they hate doing the thing and that they never want to do the thing again and how could you ask them to do such a terrible-awful-no-good thing?
I write down his to-do list and he checks items off as he completes each one. He loves lists. I wanted to get him a fun chore chart but hey, if the notebook/handmade list is rocking his world then I’m not going to rock that boat.
Happy 4th of July weekend to all you US readers. And to my international friends, happy 1st, 2nd and 3rd, too.