1. I keep telling my husband that maybe we just need to sell our house and our belongings, buy an RV, and take this show on the road. He could sell his beautiful woodworking from city to city across the US and it would be one heck of a way to see the country. Imagine the sights! Imagine what the kids would learn! (He says we already have one too-few bedrooms, but still…It would be an adventure!) This couple actually quit their jobs and traveled by VW bus from Alaska to Argentina. Hashtag inspiration!
2. My oldest son had his first night of testing and orientation for kindergarden this week. Whew. Talk about feeling all the feelings and thinking all the thoughts! My friend sent me this fascinating article that talks about how “Young children today continue to learn best by watching the everyday things that grown-ups do, from cleaning the house to fixing a car.” It’s a great read, especially for parents!
3. This week was National Book Lovers Week and I shared a few of the books that have influenced my life the most on Instagram. What books have shaped you the most as the person you are today?
4. I’m on the board of a local nonprofit that serves pregnant women and families and this weekend we are hosting a 5k to raise funds for another nonprofit that reaches out to families after they’ve lost a baby. It’s a wonderful organization call Forget-Me-Nots. I’m excited to be a part of this event and look forward to being there with my family. The boys will be running in the kids run and I’m excited to see them have fun doing something new!
5. One of my favorite celebrity chefs is Ina Garten. I recently read this list of things I didn’t know about her and now I love her even more! She and her husband are so sweet. I loved the few tidbits this article shared about their relationship.