1. Yesterday the kids and I met up with friends and we explored a local bog. Who knew we had a local bog? I sure didn’t. But it was so fun. The sun was out, the kids were crazy about the mud, and it was yet another reminder of all the amazing things this life has to offer.
2. Last week at the library, I picked up a new cookbook: Eat Like A Gilmore, The Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of Gilmore Girls by Kristi Carlson. This cookbook is so much fun. The author catalogues many of the dishes mentioned on the show and tailors the recipes to who made it. Sookie’s are from scratch, Luke’s are quick and easy, and Emily’s are fancy. I’ve enjoyed reading through this book as each recipe shares a little recap of the episode the dish was mentioned in. And yes, I’ve cooked from it too!
3. In other Gilmore Girl news, I started listening to the Gilmore Guys’ podcast and it makes me so happy. They start out as just two guys having a conversation about each episode (you heard me, each), but they eventually start to gain traction and begin including actual cast and crew. Yes, there is an episode with Milo Ventimiglia. I haven’t listened to it yet but holy cow, I can’t wait. Most recently I listened to the episode where they interview Sam Phillips and Helen Pai and discuss the music of Gilmore Girls. It’s so fun, I learned so much, and I came away with an even greater appreciation for the genius behind the show. Check it out. (It’s right between episode 306 and 307 – I guess interviews aren’t part of the serial.)
4. Thing I’m currently mulling over: Are we all just making it all way, waaaay too complicated? Also, why are we all so afraid to just do the things our heart is asking us to do? And can we just agree that the Buzz Feed quizzes that have you answer a few questions to guess your age are sometimes just the encouragement you need? Why THANK you Buzz Feed for guessing my age to be 22 based on the random things I said I liked.
5. This weekend I get to see my college roommate and celebrate my soon-to-be-a-new-mommy sister in law. Ah. Such good things.
Happy Friday love muffins.